We believe that we all have a role to play in creating a better world—whether an individual, a small, local cleaning business or a Fortune 500 multinational. Further, we believe every company should add value to its community and serve the social good (that's the kind of company we'd like to support!).
So, when we started our business, we knew our business model would have to center around respect for people and the planet. That’s why we call ourselves the Planet-Friendly, People-Friendly Cleaning Company. This means...
- You can rest assured that all of our cleaning products are environmentally-friendly and safe for you, your children, your pets... your entire family! This means they are:
- not tested on animals
- safe around children and pets
- Made in the USA
- In fact, we make a number of our own cleaners from scratch out of such natural products as baking soda, vinegar, castile soap and essential oils like Tea Tree and Lavender, which have antiseptic properties.
- Nearly 99% our cleaning tools (think broom, bucket, spray bottles, mop, etc.) are made of recycled plastic or renewable woods like bamboo and are better for the environment than traditional tools:
- Brooms & buckets made from recycled aluminum and recycled plastic water bottles
- Spray bottles made from recycled plastic
- Scrubbing brushes made with bamboo handles
- Garbage bags made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic and biodegradable
- Cleaning gloves made from FSC Certified Ethically Sourced Latex
- Vacuums have HEPA filters
- We don't use one-time-use products, such as paper towels. We only use reusable, washable and biodegradable sponges and clothes.
- In addition, all our products come in recyclable packaging and are concentrated for lighter shipping.
- All printed material we produce is printed on recycled paper.
- All the people who work for us are US citizens or eligible to work in the US.
- All the people who work for us are W-2 employees, not independent contractors. This means all our employees are:
- covered under our business license, bonding and insurance
- receive the regular benefits of W-2 employment status, including Medicare, Social Security, unemployment benefits, etc.
- NOTE: Why does this matter to you? If the cleaners you hire are independent contractors, they are not covered by the company's liability insurance (this means you are at risk) and they do not have unemployment insurance. The independent cleaner is responsible to secure their own business license, bonding (to cover theft or damage) and insurance, not to mention all their own cleaning products and supplies. Further, the company can't dictate how the job is done, only the general result.
- All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package (many items below are nearly unheard of in the industry, but our cleaners work hard, and we believe they deserve to be paid fairly and share in business growth):
- all products necessary to clean homes
- a generous living wage, premium for the industry
- paid time off for vacation, illness and holidays
- mileage reimbursement
- semi-annual bonuses based on YOUR feedback and spot-checked performance
- annual profit-sharing based on company performance
- and we're planning to offer health care coverage in 2014!
- We are committed to our local community and offer free cleaning services each quarter to such locations as women's shelters, non-profit organization offices, and seniors in need of cleaning support.
- Each quarter we choose an organization to contribute to and offer a cleaning service discount to all our clients who contribute to that organization. See our Special Offer on the bottom of our home page.
- To make re-use and recycling as easy as possible for all our clients, we offer a complimentary donation and recycling service.
- Most of our cleaning products and tools are Made in the USA, so we're supporting local jobs and companies!